Sweet uses that will make you put honey in your beauty cabinet.
Honey isn’t a botanical, but it’s used so often in natural care that you should include it in your beauty regimen.
If you have issues dealing with dry skin or breakouts in problem areas, honey is a perfect go-to with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Not only can it help manage and eliminate problem areas, but when used as a facial mask, honey helps skin retain moisture – making it super effective when combating dry and irritated skin.
Before you start slathering on the honey, make sure you don’t just use whatever you have in the pantry. We recommend using manuka honey if possible, but any raw honey will have similar effects.
If you are looking for a simple way to hydrate your skin at home or maybe target a problem area, follow these easy steps for a home honey remedy.
DIY Honey Face Mask
· Warm 1 cup of honey in a saucepan.
· Cleanse and exfoliate your face.
· Brush a thin layer of warm (not hot!) honey onto your face with a small brush or your fingers.
· Leave on for 10 minutes.
· Rinse gently with warm water and a washcloth. Your skin will feel sweet!
DIY Blemish Busting Honey and Apple Mask
· Grate an apple and mix with 2 teaspoons of honey.
· Apply to breakout area.
· Leave on for 15 minutes.
· Rinse with warm water, then cool water.
The above remedies are an excerpt from Fast Beauty, 1,000 Quick Fixes by Rona Berg, Organic Spa Magazine Editor-in-Chief and best selling author (Workman Publishing Company).