Still looking for a quick and healthy summer cool-down dish
that you can throw together in no time?
These Couscous Avocado Boats will certainly float your boat, and who doesn’t love couscous? Plus, there is something so retro—and appealing—about stuffing a vegetable with a healthy homemade salad!
Rice Select Couscous is USDA-certified organic, non-GMO Project Verified, Star K kosher certified and, most important, tastes really good. www.riceselect.com
- 1 cup, uncooked Original Couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup orange sections, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 3 avocados, cut in half
- Combine chicken broth and salt in saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous and the rest of the ingredients (except for avocados), mixing until well combined.
- Scoop out half of each avocado half and fill with couscous mixture.
- Serves 6.