IMAGE CREDIT: Recipe from Forgotten Ways for Modern Days: Kitchen Cures and Household Lore for a Natural Home and Garden by Rachelle Blondel, with a foreword by Dottie Angel, published by Tarcher Perigee, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2016 by Rachelle Blondel.
The aftermath of summer sun, chlorine, a day in the garden or the rigors of chemical hair dyes and styling products can all damage the hair and turn it into a dry, straw-like mop. Regular conditioning treatments can help return the luster to your locks, and so can this age-old remedy from Forgotten Ways for Modern Days (Tarcher Perigee) by Rachelle Blondel.
Glossy Hair Recipe
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Carefully separate the egg yolk from the white of the egg and place it in a small bowl.
2. Gently warm the coconut oil with the olive oil and then drizzle it into the yolk as you whisk the mixture.
3. Coat your hair with the mixture and massage it in. The mixture will become a little stiff as the coconut oil cools down. Cover with a towel and leave on for about 30 minutes.
4. Shampoo and rinse well. Style and dry as normal, admiring your shiny locks as you do.