Did you know that 7 in 10 football fans will consume more than 4.5 times their recommended daily calorie intake this Super Bowl Sunday -- a total of 10,821 calories?Super Bowl Snacks
Whether you’re looking for a healthy game day feast, or just a few lighter additions to cut the risk of overindulgence, these two simple crowd pleasers compliment a multitude of meals and taste amazing warm or cold.
Orzo and Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 4 oz. orzo
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup/1 oz. dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup/1 oz. toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup/2 oz. low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
Calories 290 kcal
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Yogurt-Dijon Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In large bowl, toss together pasta, Brussels sprouts, shallot and dressing. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
Tip: Thinly slicing or shaving the Brussels sprouts adds a great texture to the salad. Using a food processor for this will make preparation quick and easy.Super Bowl Snacks
Tortellini Antipasto Skewers
- 32 about 4 oz. cheese tortellini
- 16 cocktail bocconcini
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 pitted black olives
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 16 small skewers
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 Servings
Calories 135 kcal
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain well; let cool completely.
- Thread 1 tortellini, bocconcini, basil leaf, tomato, olive and another tortellini on each skewer. Repeat to make 16 skewers.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over skewers.
Tip: Replace olives with a piece of artichoke or roasted red pepper if desired.
All original recipes provided by Pasta Fits.